Guinea Pig Making Grunting Noise When Eating
Certain pulmonary conditions can make it difficult for a guinea pig to clear his lungs which can lead to noisy breathing and lethargy.
Guinea pig making grunting noise when eating. If your guinea pig is making the noise when its calm and being petted it s most likely chutting. A guinea pig makes this noise when it s happy. In fact a guinea pig making this noise will be tense and may seem to even vibrate.
To diagnose respiratory problems in your guinea pig listen for wheezing or clicking noises which are signs that it s having trouble breathing. Compared to the low pitched rapid noise they make when they growl the rumbling is a long gentle and slow medium pitched purr mostly produced by male guinea pigs when looking for a mate. Whereas if the guinea pig is making the sound when you re annoying it then it could be chattering.
When they are irritated or annoyed they produce a high pitched noise that sounds like a loud purr. Certain pulmonary conditions can make it difficult for a guinea pig to clear his lungs which can lead to noisy breathing and lethargy. Your guinea pig is struggling to breathe if you find them panting breathing through its mouth or tilting its head.
Guinea pigs that feel contented and comfortable will make a deep purring sound accompanied by a relaxed calm posture. The widening of the nostrils while breathing also indicates shortness of breath. Then you must be worried about its health.
Sometimes it s best to acknowledge the environment and setting that your guinea pig is making this sound. If your guinea pig makes grunting and hooting noises while he eats or exerts himself it could be a sign of a heart condition. Your veterinarian can examine your pig and prescribe medication if necessary to help treat the condition.
However if the purr is higher pitched especially towards the end of the purr this is more likely a sound of annoyance. You should also watch your pet for changes in its appetite or energy level since eating less or being less active may indicate that your guinea pig is unwell. Guinea pig is making strange noises while unable to breathe correctly.
- Dog Breeds Starting With Belgium
- Dog Cooling Mat Argos
- Dog Breeds That Dont Shed At All
- Dog Cage For Sale In Pathanamthitta
- Dog Cages Near Me For Sale
- Dog Breeds That Start With P Small
- Dog Breeds With Brown And Black
- Dog Breeds With Blue Eyes
- Dog Breeds With Poor Eyesight
- Dog Breeds That Start With Shi
- Dog Breeds That Start With P Large
- Dog Breeds That Start With S With Pictures
- Dog Breeds That Dont Shed Big
- Dog Breeds That Dont Shed List
- Dog Breeds That Start With C Family Feud
- Dog Breeds With Blue Eyes And Webbed Feet
- Dog Cooling Mat B M Review
- Dog Business For Sale Exeter
- Dog Breeds That Begin With P
- Dog Breeds That Start With M